Nature Journal!


I'm hosting a Twitter #scienceparty called #naturewalk where I tromp through the floodplain forests of NW Baltimore County looking for stuff that's interesting, like the (above) wood sorrel.

Will this break the Internet? No.

Right now there's news you could be reading about zero days and that the AI singularity will happen in 2045 , and Stephen Hawking says we have only 1,000 years left on Earth. Isn't it more soothing to talk about wood sorrel tho?

Let Marx be wrong. Let nature journaling be the opium of the people! We will nature journal our way to peace!, says the part of me that embarasses me because it talks like that, and believes it.

Nature journaling gives you a healthful perspective on the goings-on of the day. Like the the Monty Python Galaxy song says, "When life gets you down Mrs. Brown...remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour..." to which I would add, forgive me, but would you buy a one-of-a-kind, arty, artisanal nature journal, made by hand, made by me? I'm exploring the possibility of becoming a maker and the market research book I borrowed from the library suggested that I ask you.







Popular Posts